Welcome to Phoenix Academy High School, member institution Chapel-Hill Carrboro City Schools. Phoenix Academy serves between 35-45 students between ninth and twelfth grades. The school is the designated alternative school for the district. Phoenix Academy's primary focus is to help students to learn, to succeed, and to lead.
Wow! Phoenix is rising and continuing to soar. According to Dr. Tom Forcella, the cat is out of the bag, Phoenix Academy is considered one of the best-kept secrets in the Chapel Hills-Carrboro City Schools. Check out this fantastic article about the transformation taking place here at our high school.
Días para recuperar días de no escuela
What is Courage?
1. the quality of mind or spirit that enables a person to face difficulty, danger, pain, etc., without fear; bravery.
2. have the courage of one's convictions, to act in accordance with one's beliefs, especially in spite of criticism.
3. take one's courage in both hands to nerve oneself to perform an action
How does a person demonstrate they have courage?
1. They do not back down from new things, but study and understand what they must do to overcome any obstacle.
2. They realistically understand what they can and cannot accomplish and do the best they can in any situation.
3. They put the safety, health and welfare of others before themselves. Ex. A soldier, a teacher or parent.
4. A person who demonstrate courage is not a foolish person, but one who understands the importance of accomplishing a specific task or addressing a specific issue.
· Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
· Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
· All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
· We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
· God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
· Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
· I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.